This website uses cookies, which cannot be used to personally identify you. If you continue to use the site we will assume that you agree with our use of cookies. Please read our privacy and cookies information to learn more.

Diane Lambert a D I

Driving Instructors

Diane Lambert a D I

  24 Westbrook
County Durham

 Please leave a Review to support my business.

 block bookings, driving instructor, driving lessons, pass plus, female driving instructor, motorway lessons, theory test help, nervous pupils welcome, ddif, institute of advanced motorists

Report a problem with this listing

Business Profile

Diane Lambert ADI Three months before your 17th birthday you can apply for your provisional licence – or as soon as you're 16, if you're disabled and receiving mobility allowance. Then once you're 17, you can legally drive a car on public roads in the UK. It's okay to start practising on private land, as long as the site is gated and far away from public highways. But remember, supermarket car parks are classed as public roads, so don't use these. A provisional licence is a prerequisite for every wannabe learner driver

To apply for a provisional licence, complete forms DL1 and DL750 available from any Post Office

Learning to drive as a British national, you will need to enclose two passport-size colour photographs, proof of your identity and a fee of £50 when you submit the forms. The DVLA aims to deliver your licence in about 3 weeks. If you are an EU citizen or have come from outside the EU. Check with DVLA for details.

Before you start learning, make sure you can read a number plate in good daylight from 20.5 metres away – that's about five car lengths. For the new-style number plates (that were introduced on September 2001), the distance is 20 metres. If you wear glasses or contacts, that's fine. Just make sure you always wear them when driving. When applying for your provisional driving licence-before you start learning to drive-from the DVLA you should let them know if you have:

Any visual condition which affects both eyes (not including short or long sight or colour blindness
Any visual condition which affects sight (not including short or long sight or colour blindness), for example, if you have sight in one eye only.

If you have had sight correction surgery you should declare this when you apply for your provisional licence. This will not stop you from learning to drive, but it is necessary information.

Get your 'L' plates

When you're learning, you'll need to put 'L' plates on the front and back of your car – somewhere they can be seen easily. And you're only allowed to drive with someone who's passed their test, is over 21 and has been driving for three years or more.

Your 'L' plates also have to meet legal specification - so buy them rather trying to knock some up yourself. Whenever the car is driven by someone who’s passed, the plates need to come off or be covered up.


0 Reviews

Leave a review

Is this your business?

Claim now!

  • Add rich content via our editing tools
  • Remove ads from your listing
  • Appear more prominently in search results